Ingredients for 6-8 persons:
- 1.5 kg lean beef or lamb chops
- 500 grams of orzo (Greek rice pasta)
- 1 chopped onion
- Large splash of olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree ( Kyknos )
- 1 packet of diced tomatoes ( Kyknos )
- Salt, pepper, pinch of cinnamon and cloves
- Small amount of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Litres of water
- Cut the meat into large pieces, sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry in olive oil until brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with olive oil and fry the onion, add the tomato puree and the cubes, add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil. Add the meat, making sure it is well covered by the sauce. Cook the meat in about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Remove the cooked meat from the pan, add the 2 litres of water and bring the sauce back to the boil. In an oven dish with a diameter of at least 25 cm, place the juvetsi, pour over the cooking liquid and stir well. Put the dish in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring the pasta every 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the meat, making sure it is covered by the pasta, and leave it in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Let this dish rest for 15 minutes before serving, grate a little Kefalograviera over the pasta.
Scroll down for the products you need for this recipe.