Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 500 grams of dried white beans ( Gigades )
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 ml olive oil
- Large chopped red onion
- 400 grams of canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat parsley
- 1 tablespoon celery leaf
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 medium-sized carrot in slices
- Salt and pepper
- The night before, put the beans in a pan filled with cold water. Drain them the next day, fill the pan again with water and bring to the boil. Skim off any foam and cook for about 1.5 hours until tender. Add the salt at the end of the cooking process.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry briefly. Add the tomatoes, the tomato puree and the rest of the ingredients. Cook the sauce for a few minutes, spoon it into an oven dish, stir in the beans and add enough cooking liquid to cover everything. Bake the beans 45 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees. Let them cool down before serving.
- Delicious with a piece of bread and a salted fish. For example Trata sardines or anchovies.
Scroll down for the products you need for this recipe.